We are looking for
We are hiring a Controller who will be responsible for overseeing and supporting all accounting and finance related matters of the business. The ideal candidate will have proven industry experience as an accountant, preferably in a senior role. This is a human business from start to finish, so the successful candidate must be highly respected by their peers and must show a history of working closely with others to achieve their goals. Leaders must lead by example, so this candidate must be willing to do any of the jobs that they are managing.
This role demands a strong communicator and skilled financial analyst and will require the candidate to work effectively with the existing office administrator to streamline month-end close and prepare the company’s financial statements. The Controller will also own and manage the company’s cash flow, budgeting, and forecasting models, in addition to playing a key role in feasibility and expansion activities. In addition, the successful candidate will help the company in setting up and managing KPI’s. This role reports directly to the CEO.
Manchester Living has been in business since 2009. In that time, we have made a name for ourselves providing compassionate services for seniors, persons with degenerative diseases, and individuals undergoing post-operative care. Within the Manchester Living family there are two independent operations. This role serves as the Controller for both of these entities. The entities include Cambridge Caregivers, which offers Home Health and Personal Assistant Services (Private in-home care) and Manchester Care Homes, which operates four boutique, eight-resident Assisted Living properties. Manchester Living is owned and operated out of Dallas, Texas with recent expansion into Fort Worth and plans to grow beyond.
- Oversee the company’s day-to-day financial transactions; review, analyze and monitor the financial position of the company, identify strengths and weaknesses, as well as propose future strategic directions.
- Manage the month-end close process and produce monthly financials in accordance with GAAP; including Balance Sheet reconciliations, general ledger review, and journal entries.
- Issue Monthly Financial Statements to the CEO by the 15th of every month with prepared analysis and forward-thinking strategies.
- Develop budgeting goals and manage the budget preparation process.
- Work closely with bank and provide monthly reports as requested.
- Develop and maintain weekly KPI reports.
- Oversee functions of our existing Office Administrator, including oversight of theAR collections, customer management, AP vendor management, payables management and cash movement.
Core Competencies and Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in financial reporting and month-end close (GAAP) preferably in healthcare or services industries.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Strong working knowledge of detailed financial analysis
- 3+ years of management experience
- Experience in QBO
- High level of expertise in Excel
- Strong time management skills and ability to adhere to tight deadlines.
- Accurate and attentive to details.
- High level quantitative, problem solving, and planning skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Aptitude for both team-based work and self-directing projects.
- Customer service mindset.
- Ability to identify and mitigate financial risks and opportunities.
Must be located in the Dallas area or willing and able to commute to our corporate office.
Manchester Care Homes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Manchester Care Homes are committed to providing high quality services to our residents and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Manchester Care Homes are based on resident care needs and an individual’s qualifications, without regard to race, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Manchester Care Homes does not place or assign care based on any of the aforementioned characteristics.